Saturday, May 10, 2014

Why Heels?

For as long as I could remember I had a certain attraction for beautiful flashy high heels. When I was only 11 I got a pair of hand me down pair of white heels from someone, my mother told me I could not use it because they were too high for a child. One day I hid them and wore them to church and my mom didn't notice until it was too late. I wore them through the first hour and on the way to second hour I twisted my foot, and broke the heel right off that shoe. Mom was not happy!!! But that was only the beginning of my life long journey with heels.

Once I grew up a little and learned to walk in them I realize that they were actually more comfortable then other shoes. From one pair it went to 2 and 3 and 4 to 20. Every pair of shoes I have has heels in them, even the casual one I wore to the soccer field today to coach my daughters team. Crazy?! My love for the heels is not only cosmetic, but it actually makes sense...

I have a very high arch on my feet, let me see if I can explain.

 
You see the arch? it has no support when in flat surfaces... the heels mold that arch making it comfortable to walk! 
Sooo, Its safe to say... Never have I ever, nor will I ever own a pair of flats, TOMS, or those weird looking flat boots that should have never left Alaska!


This is not flattering at all, but this was taken 4 days before my son was born. See the heels? Even at 9 months pregnant with 3 other kids to chase after I was in heels. 

 
&
 

And as the photographer at my sisters wedding. 


And at my son's baptism as I ran around like a headless chicken. 

 My religion is the foundation of my life, Mommy is my purpose in life, and heels are an extension of me.

But let it be known... I keep my heels just as high as my standards. 
And as you can see... That is pretty high!

No comments:

Post a Comment