Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Why a Mommy?

The journey to Motherhood has not been an easy one, for as long as I could remember I knew I wanted to be a mom. I dreamed of cute little bellies, and perfect and calm children. I was the perfect mom before I had children. I knew how to raise them, and I knew they would listen, and behave effortlessly. Truth is... It has not been AT ALL that way. Getting to the point of having a belly was hard, then the belly was never cute. I never knew there was such a things as an ugly pregnant woman until I became one. Its gotten better but the first child... Destroyed me.

Anyways... I heard this a while back and it hit home.  "Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cutter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." God created the woman with the ability to reproduce, our bodies are amazing... We are capable of creating human beings. I  Believe we hold a sacred importance in his plan, I also believe we are expected to respect, these divine powers of reproduction. I have 4 kids, its no walk in the park. There are days, you will find me in a corner rocking back and forth. (not really, but close) There are days that for their own safety they go to bed at 7pm. or eat cold cereal for dinner.

But you see?! Life is made of choices... and I made that choice over 10 years ago. When I chose to be a stay at home mom. I gave up college, to work and push my husband to keep going with his education so we could afford for me to stay home. Once I made that choice, others followed. I'm not successful according to the world standards. I don't have a pretty framed diploma, I never made a difference in the corporate world. I am a mother, and I find my joy, and rewards in the children my body created. There are days, that I let myself wonder... What if??? But like everything in life, we will never know the what if. But I do know, what is.

And that is... It is my responssibility to raise, and teach these children that I chose to have in the very best way that I know and can.

When times get hard... I remember Mark 9:36-37

36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,
 37 aWhosoever shall receive one of such bchildren in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
I didn't choose to just be a mom, I chose to follow God's plan for me! 
And that is why I'm a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment